Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Male Stripper Shows

I went to a male revue, also known as stripper show 2 weekends ago. To date, counting strictly the public shows only, I’ve been to 5 in 4 different venues – 4 of them for a hen’s night and one I organized just because I can.

Today I stumbled across some photos taken during one of these occasions. It brought back really fun memories. And because I have spare time I’ve decided to hint about my favourites. Of course I cannot go into details because, well you know why… *wink wink*.

The best one without a doubt was G’s. Our group all knew each other well so we were very comfortable, all young and open to having giggly girl fun. The guys were hot studs (mama mia!), ripped bods, young 20s to low 30s hunks, and performed an awesome show. It was a good combination of dance, tease, cheekiness and illusion. I didn’t see anything flop out and shaken during the show but there were awesome shots from my camera of 4 naked men with a cloth or hand to cover themselves. Bonus was the guys really entertained the girls during dance breaks, they stayed and danced with us and we pawed them to bits. Our hands were in 7th heaven at the end of the night.










Next was Manpower in Bourbon St, courtesy of ahem. I had great connections then (actually Harold did) and I got everyone in for free (everyone! for free!!) with food etc. I invited a mixed group - mothers, singles, married, young and younger ones, shy types and wild ones - all intermingled. It was funny coz in our group it was the mothers who were really keen to see the show, so my friends were their mother’s chaperones.

We were in the centre, right in front. Any closer I would have ended up on stage. It got a bit vicious at the start coz several girls went feral or wild, maybe with… eh… lust… and pushed into the reserved area. Management took of care of it. I guess that’s what a well-known revue that travels around the world could do. It was a learning experience.

I thought the show had too much dance, but because it was only my second show then, I was forgiving *wink*. Especially because, again, the guys were hot muffins (fan me!). Highlight of the night was my friend R (as in ‘rainbow’) who won hands-down a contest on stage. It was a real screamer!

A’s one was the first one where I saw an intentional show-it all, second R’s (as in the flower 'rhododendrons'). I still don’t know how I feel about it. The show didn’t really need it I thought. But I still put my glasses on and strained to see when I found out it was happening *wink*. I do prefer it to too many dancing. If I wanted to see a song and/or dance rendition, especially of the Village People, I’d go to a gay club or watch a Broadway show. Unless they grab an audience and hot-dance her on stage, coz that would play with some girls’ fantasy I’m sure.

One of the performers, Panther, was good at this. He is getting old but he still can work the audience. He may need to come up with a different take on the act though, maybe a different song or costume at least. I had déjà vu, like I saw it before during V’s hen’s night 5 years ago. But it's trivial stuff, he still put on the best show that night. GOOOOOO.... PANTHER!! *wink*

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home