Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Torino 2006


Winter Olympics – Women’s Aerials

Did you see it??!! It was short but what an awesome event! I was glad I witnessed all the jumps the ladies performed for the final round.

I was supporting defending champion Alisa Camplin (Australian, Oi! Oi! Oi!) but after the first jump, I felt immense pride for the Chinese ladies Guo Xinxin, Li Nina and Xu Nannan - ranking 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Their jumps looked so well executed, deserving of their places. I heard from earlier news Alisa bagged the bronze medal, so I was naturally curious of how it eventuated after the final jump.

I didn’t pay much attention to Evelynne Leu after the first jump. But she “popped” from the TV screen when her determined look really caught my eye. She mesmerized me. She looked about to punch something, pumping herself up seconds before the jump! I didn’t know she was about to perform the hardest trick in the program. But when she flew up… she looked… absolutely beautiful!!!

Evelynne ranked first, but there was still Alisa, Xinxin, Nina and Nannan. I thought, “Wow! Alisa and the others did better jumps!!??” I was in awe of the Chinese after the first jump I was sure 2 of them placed gold and silver.

There were no more spectacular jumps. So when Xinxin was about to jump, and I saw Alisa in 3rd place already, I knew something bad must have happened. I immediately felt sorry for her; EVERYONE thought she would place higher than bronze. Apparently she tried to do the same trick Evelynne did. She face planted so badly on landing, everyone was shocked beyond belief, including the cute looking coach? who was next to her on top of the hill. (Trust me to see the cute guy, I wonder who he is? Heheh...) Anyway, my heart was wrenched watching her wait for her score with snow all over her face. I would have cried right there in front of millions of people if I was in her shoes….

What an emotional event!! The drama!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home