Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Love My Cat

I’m going on holiday soon… excited to be with my man… but leaving our little delight, our kitty cat.

I am sooooh in love with our cat. My heart feels wrenched by the fact that I have to leave her. I am going to miss her terribly.

I do have a thing for felines, always have. I never fancied dogs, even though some are cute or awesome looking. Anyway, when I was a child, my mom used to freak out because I always took home feral cats. My family allowed me to keep one, even though my eldest sister was allergic to her. Unfortunately my cat didn’t get along with our next-door neighbour’s cat. I was devastated when I found out their helper poured hot water on my pet cat. I wondered for a long time why my cat didn’t come home, until our other neighbour found her scalded, dead on the roof right on top of my bed. I was traumatised and couldn’t for a long time bring myself to have another pet, until our cat now.



When I started going out with hubby, him being more a dog person, he gave me a beagle. He knew I was more into cats but he wanted to convert me. It didn’t work out, I was getting beaten and bitten by a puppy, so we had to give her away. Later on, it took less convincing from him for me to have a pet cat. Luckily he did not get any allergy. He even found our kitten, and she was the cutest shy kitten, with the softest silkiest blue-tinged fur we’ve ever seen. She easily grew into his heart.



People could see how much we love our cat. We’ve been lucky, as she really is the sweetest and cutest. Even our friends would attest to her being beautiful, with her cat personality and all. She’s very loved, but she gives us a lot more.

Even though I like felines, I am not one of those people whom surround myself with “cat” stuff. I also don’t want to be one of those people, with what seems to me could be an unhealthy obsession. I have 6 cat stuff – a brooch, set of mugs, a tin can, a book, a display thing, and a jewellery box – 5 of them given by friends and family, whom understandably mistook my gushing and ooh-ahhing over my cat as a “thing for all cats”. I adore felines, but I only have a thing for my cat….



Our cat relaxes us. I come home after a hard or long day, I see her and the tension melts away. She’d be waiting by the door or window meowing; curled up like a ball sleeping; or stretching and meowing to us. She loves being close to us – gives plenty of nudges to our face/forehead/nose/legs; jumps on our lap while we sitting down to nudge or give us a hug; and curls up next to us or on our lap. She's even work out a move where my hand ends up on top of her head so I know she wants me to stroke her around there. She’s very affectionate.



She is no angel, very capable of being naughty - for example, sneaking out by bolting for the door as soon as we open it. At times she wakes me up by pulling on hair strands or by licking my face very early in the morning to feed her. She also goes through the bin because she can smell chicken in it, her favourite. But she’s a cat - a cat’s a cat. Still, we find it hard to be angry with her, for example with messing the bin, because you can see she couldn’t help herself and she really enjoyed the chicken, licking her lips deliciously while we are telling her off. She makes up for the naughtiness by her cuteness – playing fetch, playing rough with my Sugar, lying flat on her back stretched out like a dog asking for a rub (cats don’t usually like being tummy rubbed), or just plainly being herself.

My Sugar is already missing her a lot too, which I knew he would. So whenever I can I show him her cuteness on the webcam. Hopefully we’ll still manage to see her on the webcam while we are away….


As I said earlier, I’m already missing her. I’m going to miss stroking her soft fur; rubbing her tummy, face and neck; how she looks after a shower; and her smell (Dove when newly showered, or at times like cheese, maybe due to her diet). I will definitely miss how her fur feels next to my skin; her being vocal; her pink nose and paws; cute ears; beautiful colour-changing eyes; her warmth; her weight on me; and her fat ass and wobbly bits.


I will miss carrying her in my arms or next to my face; her paws on my hands; her always lying down smack in the middle of my reading or work; her cleaning herself and licking her paws and reaching over her ears to clean it; her scratching her head/neck with her back paw; her tail; her playing; her sitting position, like a sphinx, but with the front paws folded and hidden; her naughtiness; her play with Sugar; her hugs; her nudges; her wet nose; her purring sound, her sleeping, especially when curled like a ball or with her paws shielding over her eyes; her stretching; her curiosity; her company. Daily, I will miss everything about her….


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home