Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Other Friend's Baby News... Plus More

A and A's daughter is so cute, with huge eyes! She's got daddy's looks and mommy's facial mannerism. We celebrated her 2nd birthday on the weekend. I wasn't working so I finally caught up with them.

The trip to their place took longer than expected (2 hours) due to traffic, stoplights and 60km-80km zones, until we entered the freeway. But we worked out (using a printed driving direction from our car club) that it was the best way for us to take. It was good we only got lost once, wasting about 5 minutes only to get back on track. The trip home was trickier -it was in the dark and we had to do everything backwards from the printout! Even though we followed it properly, it didn't work out. We got lost at least twice, wasting around 10 minutes each time. We got back home very late.... Nevertheless, I'd do it again :-).

It was a good feeling to be there physically and seeing everyone - parents, grandparents, siblings, children, other friends, partners, etcetera. I was updated too, like F and T's planned wedding overseas and current residence closer to me. I got the giggles seeing A's tummy more preggy-looking for their 2nd baby, while looking great! Seeing youngest G no longer a girl, but not yet a woman. Seeing N, who is still a stud. I love A's magic tricks and antics too! He always cracks me up! Oh-oh... melodrama queen coming out again... Nooh..!! It was just so loooong overdue. They haven't been able to visit me at my place, and vice versa. The effort is hard to pull out when life's throwing so many things at us. But we all understand.

With the Games, Grand Prix and a trip coming up, next time we'll catch up is most likely end of May. We've got two places to stay overnight at now - A and A's, or my brother's and J's place, on the way to the snow this season, since it is almost in their backyard ;-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home