Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Fried Tofu Soup with Shredded Vegetables

I just realised I haven't mentioned my cooking for a while now.... I guess coz it's one of those challenges that I can only do when I have the time and energy to pursue it.

I've been cooking alot lately, in comparison to 6 months ago. But I have also been eating out or buying takeaway alot. I definitely eat healthier when I cook at home. But I spend a lot more on groceries. I also eat a lot more coz I love my cooking so much!! :-)

At times ingredients like vegetables gets spoilt before I could get my act together (more wastage). If you have this same problem, here's a good recipe for soup to follow when the vegetables are on the soft and/or wilted stage. The soup is simple (not overpowering) but tasty. If you can't stand the "blandness" of plain vegetable soups, but don't want to add meat pieces in the pot, add a little chicken or beef stock in the mix. Enjoy! :-)


Fried tofu soup with shredded vegetables
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes

INGREDIENTS
1 medium carrot (120g)
100g snow peas
425g can baby corn, drained
1.5 litres vegetable stock (6 cups)
2 large red Thai chillies, chopped finely
2 green onions, sliced finely
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
150g baby bok choy, shredded
100g packaged fried tofu


METHOD
Cut carrot and snow peas into long thin shreds.
Cut corn into quarters lengthways.
Bring stock to boil in large saucepan.
Add carrot, corn, chilli, onion, vinegar and sauce; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes.
Stir in snow peas, bok choy and tofu; cook, stirring, until bok choy is just wilted.

Serves 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home