Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

What's in Door Number Two?

How can anyone match more than a decade of honeymoon? A love that for me was true and deep? A love and marriage/commitment promised forever by a man which I believed?

The fact that it could not hold a couple together (other irreconcilable differences got in the way) was a blowing disappointment, making the prospect of spending life with someone you love (and loves you back as intensely) "forever" seem bleak.

I am sure there are quality men out there still. I am optimistic. Whether my heart will leap for them is unpredictable. I was blessed with a wonderful partner whom set a very high standard. I mentioned in an earlier blog some of my considerations. I expect my next alpha male to have similar considerations.

Im not looking for a perfect man, there is no such thing. But I believe men around my age should be at a stage in his life, where he is improved from 5 years ago, and the 5 years before that. So those stuck in a time warp, or still have not made (or have not tried making) something of themselves loses alpha points. As we are long past our teen years, someone who is still unsure of what they want to do in life, or still have not done much in life (just let time pass him by)... is just not someone I can see myself getting (or staying) attracted to.

Being self-made, I am happy with the person I have become. I am proud of what I have achieved. It's natural for me to want to be with someone who feels the same self-pride, and has the same strength. Someone who can show me now the type of life and values to expect from him if we are to spend our life together, and how we can have fun positively affecting each other. I dont get attracted to "lost puppies", as I do not need the validation of how good a partner I am by being the reason a man has become a "man". Not because I dont want to put in the work. More because the outcome may still be a man not compatible to my needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home