Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Barefooting

Today was a hot saturday. Feeling bored at home, I decided to do nothing outside (instead of nothing inside). Map/keys/travel card in my bag, ipod in my ears, phone in my pocket. Destination forward.

Usually I like hearing what's going on around me. It's my way of feeling the ambiance of the place, enjoying the moment. This time music was blaring in my ears and I just walked. I realised I wanted to be alone.

I ended up in Kensington Gardens. It was such a huge park. I liked that I got lost. I took my shoes off and walked barefoot for at least an hour on the grass. It felt great. I was completely immersed in my own world. It wasnt enough, I laid down on the grass, stared at the trees and the blue skies, breathed deeply and dozed.

Much later, I was woken up by the smell of marijuana. Someone decided to sit close to me and light up. Of all the vacant spaces in the park, they had to choose where I was. Refusing to be pissed off, I sat up and tried to find my bearings.I had no clue where I was, but I knew I did not step out of the park. Asked for general directions from some group practicing soccer. Then continued walking lazily on the grass, runners held in one hand.

I must have needed the quiet. It would have ended well, but when I finally had to put my shoes on to walk home, my phone fell out of my pocket. I realised it close to home, went back to where I sat down, didnt find it. Thankfully, when I rang it with my roommate's phone, someone answered and it was given back.

I've decided I will walk a lot this summer, preferably on grass. Or buy a bike to ride in the park. I stopped a man (yes... just stopped him, politely, in his tracks...) riding a folding bike. I should have taken his number, coz he was really kind and showed me the specs of his bike. He even folded it to show me how easy and light it was. Then he mentioned a sale he read about, but I couldnt remember the details. If I took his number, I would have been able to ask him again. I might stake him out next weekend... I think I know where he works... heheheh.

Next time, carpe diem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home