Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lonely in London

Im in London now. Lots of people. The place is buzzing. I feel... happy... lonely.

I already made friends, and currently living with 6 other people. My accommodation is also worked out for now. Still no work. I can get temp work straight away, paying minimum wage, but I decided to not work while my friend is here. Might start next Tuesday.

I am yet to receive good service outside a supermarket. Service is rude, especially at fast food areas like Pret and McDonalds.

It's easy to get run over here. Lights blink yellow before it turns green and red. There should be enough time to get across. But it cant be done casually and peacefully. Cars are moving off while its blinking to green! If you're not already in the middle of the road, they'll toot and go very close to you!!

There has been 2 bomb scares around my street already. Someone was stabbed daily, last count was 14. My friend said London is becoming dangerous. Something to look forward to....

Had fun watching Aerosmith... LIVE!!!! In really crappy rainy cold summer weather! It was soooh London! Jet and Joe Satriani also played.

I couldnt believe I was watching Aerosmith! Just before I left USA, I was watching TV about Steve and his daughter, thinking I'd really love to see a performance before they retire. Dream come true.... :-)

Everything is so expensive here, when I convert my moolah$ to pounds. I cringe everytime I have to do something coz the first thing that pops in my mind is, "how much? how *%&# much!!?". My motivation here is to SAVE to travel as much as I can. Gotta balance having an enjoyable experience in London and seeing its neighbouring countries.

My girlfriend B and I went to Primark in Oxford Street. Primark is equivalent to Target and Kmart. Clothes etc were quite cheap! I wanted to buy so many stuff. I stepped out intact, didnt buy anything :-). I dont NEED any of those things. I told myself back home to not buy "junk", continue living like a backpacker (all my belongings to fit in the suitcases I brought), especially after I saw how much stuff is waiting for us in my sister's place. Im doing well, so far....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home