Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Great Friday Night!!

It has been a long time (YEARS!!!!) since I last really enjoyed myself going out dancing and drinking. Before Friday night, I was having fun dancing, but still had to keep myself in check, or act with some reserve. Last Friday night I was completely free of limitations!!! The wilder child in me allowed out! Oh what a blast it was!!!

I almost didn’t make it. Story shortened, I ran a day behind schedule and I ended up with 12.8 kilos of vegetables and gear in my backpack to take home. Most people would decide to just go home to drop off the load, and maybe catch up with the “party” later if they could be bothered to leave home again. If I went home, it was impossible that I’d go out again as I had so much to do still. My uni friend "Dusty" to the rescue, she suggested I leave my bag at her desk, to pick up later after our reveling. What a grand idea!!

But plans are never concrete. While having lotsa drinks at happy hour, someone (ahem) crashing a party, we realised it’d be a drag to trudge back to her work drunk (or very VERY tipsy), which we were sure we’d end up. Plus we didn’t know how far the clubs and bars we'd go to would be!

Always a trooper, never backing out once things are in motion, I carried my tomatoes, cabbage, potatoes, capsicums, bok choys and carrots everywhere with me! Hahahah!! Each time I picked it up it felt kilos heavier! Who would have guessed!!?! Thankfully at least, even though they were very heavy, they all fitted in my daypack. I wasn’t walking around carrying plastic bags all night!

Her workmates were so easy to get along, so fun to be with. I realised it didn't matter where we were, "we/us/the people" were enough to make the night interesting. Though a venue with a good vibe was helpful/important, our company wasn't reliant on it to make "our" night enjoyable. By the time we moved to a bar from the party, I was happily tipsy. More drinks came round. With a little suggestion, the girls rounded up the guys and we moved to a club to dance.

Again coz our bunch consisted of mostly down to earth, approachable, easy going (some more extroverted than others), friendly and 'out to have fun' kind of people, it was easy to just be yourself… or myself. We were grooving hard to the music, males and females, my group at one stage mostly on top of the bar dancing! :-) Including me of course!!! Dancing comfortably with the guys, no malice, feeling very safe, knowing they will also protect you from idiots who think they can invade your space. Going even wilder with the ladies, shaking our booties any way we can think of!! The smile never left my face!!


Money all spent on drinks, I made sure I caught the last bus to take me home. Felt so tired as we started around 5pm. Invitation to next month’s party given and accepted. Happy farewells. S and I texted each other to make sure we found home. Woke up 2 hours later feeling sick though well hydrated with water. Realised I only had 2 small dumplings plus a double cheese and tomato sandwich for the past 30 hours!! I sweated and exerted so much energy my body may have been going to shock??!! So I delicately fed myself salty food and carbs. Thankfully, slowly I felt better, enough to go back to sleep restfully.

I can’t wait for next month! Minus the veggies and with dinner in my stomach!!!

Thanks Dusty for the invite and convincing me to go! I'm glad we are finally hanging out and grooving to the same type of music!!! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home