Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

My First Tens In Ghana

First 10 Favourite in Ghana

  • Ghanaians – they are definitely the warmest, friendliest, most welcoming people I have ever met during my travels. I love it here because of them!
  • My friend – I feel so myself around her, talking freely and asking candidly, all the time with a good sense of humour. She’s a beautiful woman, and interesting to watch
  • My friend’s very sweet 5-year old son (especially when we are dancing or drumming or hugging)
  • Sleeping in my own room, having a huge bed (both in Accra and Kumasi)
  • Hiking up Exercise Hill at least 3 times, doing better than I expected
  • Papayas and coconuts
  • Ceiling fans
  • Riding tro tros several times
  • Kingsgate chocolate – made with Ghana’s world famous cocoa
  • Ofori Aonponsa’s songs (which is being played continuously, a little overkill)

First 10 I Miss in Ghana

  • Beautiful and Delightful
  • Vegetables (not mashed to put into soup or stew)
  • Leather sandals – I ruined the jeweled slippers I wore up and down with everything… now my feet feel lost.… Hoping to buy a replacement soon, but I think I won’t have any luck here in Africa (surprisingly enough)
  • Party clothes and shoes – I packed to give away at least half my clothes and shoes, the other half comfortable for active outdoor activities… so it doesn’t leave much for nightlife (I always forget this part of the trip, heheheh)
  • Sometimes, using cutlery
  • Swimming pools
  • Breakfast cereals with cold milk
  • Listening to my music (most left in Oz), I’m getting bored of what’s in my laptop
  • SNOW!! – I’m going to miss out snowboarding this season too!!! Or only be able to go once!! Dang dang dang!
  • My delight’s meow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home