Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Worst In Me

I have become a worse person. First I swore at someone passionately, shouting out of control and very very angry, which I have never done in any relationship (maybe to my siblings but not partners or friends). Then I strongly hit someone about 5 times on the legs, during another angry situation (I have shoved/pushed, but never hit).

I lost the plot. I have never been placed in such an emotional situation before, and a situation where I knew I was being forced to conform to 'a reaction or action' I didnt agree to, and made to feel... cheated... that I lashed out. The spitfire in me I've always managed to control came out in full force! The situations brought out the worst in me, and it was... scary.... Scary, because someone could trigger such a reaction from me, even though I was aiming for us to deal with our issues maturely. With care, respect, honesty and understanding.

I am never going to be proud of my behaviour. But I was glad I stood my ground. Now, I am soul-searching, and trying to learn some new skills to deal with new experiences I've been made to go through, which I have never been through before. Im not talking straightforward, I know, but I am still not comfortable talking of the details behind the fight. Just that I am now feeling like a child with badly grazed knees learning how to walk. Trying to protect myself and keep myself well.

I am thankful God raised me well. I am thankful I am strong. But I am hurting badly from the experience. I take part of the blame - I left myself too open, too trusting/loving, too guile-less. I just hope I make the best decisions for myself and come out of further bad situations, if any more will occur and doubts are confirmed, with grace (even if my pride is no longer intact) and with speed.

(At the same time, the naive in me hopes for the good in the person to shine through, and for me to be proven wrong.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home