Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Friday, July 04, 2008

Aloha Memories

  • Being in Maui for a week when I never imagined I’d be going there!!
  • Spending time with my friend and her family (especially the kids), I love them!
  • Hugs and kisses from the kids
  • Finding some peace, just the pick-me-up my spirit needed
  • Teaching my godchild’s 8-year old brother how to snorkel confidently and how to communicate underwater
  • Taking a cruise to a snorkel spot (Coral Garden unfortunately instead of Molokini due to choppy waters)
  • Seeing him (my godchild's brother) deal with strong currents and huge waves, knowing where to place himself depending on whether he wants to surf it or avoid the break
  • Hearing him sing (he even sang the ‘Beautiful Girl’ song from last year! xoxo)
  • Eating home-cooked meals, eating out was expensive!
  • Finding grilled mahi-mahi cooked in a private home’s frontyard (most authentic Polynesian/Hawaiian meal I had, cheap and delicious too!!!)

  • Wearing flowers on my hair
  • Bought and wore a grass skirt costume, plus extra leis and a coconut top, lol!
  • Bought a hula girl car window hanger as a souvenir
  • Seeing my godchild smile, and wearing her little grass skirt costume, with a coconut top! So cute!!!
  • Spoke conversational Tagalog as much as English! I was told at least 40% of people living in Maui are from the Philippines Islands!!
  • Pupu Tiku Lounge in Kihei
  • Attended a Hawaiian luau at Marriot Hotel, where I sampled some traditional dishes. Unfortunately the food were not warm, so i struggled to eat and finish my meal, but still ate because i was hungry, heheheh!

  • Yellow gumamelas, never seen them before…!!

  • Turkey bacon, grilled eggplant, salted eggs and salmon sashimi

  • Touring and seeing most of Maui (sunrise at Haleakala which wasn’t really fantastic considering the travel/effort involved, Hana Tour (Blacksand Beach was our fave), Makena (Big Beach), Lahaina, Maui Vista along Kihei (Kam 3), and Kapalua

  • Swimming and snorkeling in warm water!!
  • Being crushed by the waves and pulled by the current, almost drowning 4 times in different beaches, while being dragged by the current along the shore in ankle/knee deep water!!!
  • Snorkelling on my own along the rocks between Kamaole 1, 2 and 3. This was an achievement because I didn’t get too scared even though I was alone farther out at sea, had no bodyboard/flotation device and the current was quite strong. But I made sure I communicated to the lifeguards, swam out when it was still low tide, and kept orientating myself to the shore
  • Farewell tears from all…. They have a special place in my heart
  • A lady treating me a biscuit (some sort of doughy bread, like the ones used for Devonshire teas) while I was waiting to pay for my sandwich, after she convinced me to buy one for myself
  • Too many connecting flights, 2 from East Coast, then 3 to go home!! With 3-4 hours of layover each time!! So tiring!
  • Appreciated my laptop as company, watched lots of movies during layovers
  • Earplugs and eye covers are the best travel items I always have with me!!!
  • Too many flirtatious comments, etc… I couldn’t appreciate it when I was tired and cranky! I just wanted to be left alone!!! Grrrrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home